How can we develop deep relationships in a surface-level culture? In some ways, technology has made it easier for us to connect. Yet, despite our apparent connectedness, nearly 40% of adults describe themselves as lonely. Studies are showing that the lack of deep relationships is taking a significant toll on our mental and physical well-being.
In January 2019, we are going deep into the hunger we all have for human connection and community by pursuing the renewal of our relationships. Renew is a prayer asking God to deepen our friendships, redeem our marriages, and strengthen our home life with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
JANUARY 2019 SCHEDULE
- 9:30 AM Worship Gathering
Children’s Ministry | Infant - 3rd Grade | Lower Level
4th grade and above will be in the worship gathering
- 10:45 AM Growth Opportunities
Adults and College Students | Discipleship Breakout Sessions | Main Floor
Youth Ministry | 6th - 12th Grade | Across the Street (815 Maple Street)
Children’s Ministry* | Infant - 5th Grade | Lower Level
9:30 AM SERMON SERIES: Deepening Our Friendships
- January 06: The ache of Eden: Why human connectivity is so desirable and yet so difficult to find.
- January 13: The art of conversation: Refreshing others through affirmation and encouragement.
- January 20: The act of caring for one another: How we can truly know and be known by others.
- January 27: The bond of a common cause: Why striving towards a common cause deepens our bonds.
10:45 AM DISCIPLESHIP BREAKOUT SESSIONS: Two Options
- Redeeming the Realities of Marriage with Pastor Garrett Nates
It’s time for a reality check! Somehow, someway, every marriage becomes a struggle. Marriages can morph into something that the couple never intend it to be. At some point, you need something sturdier than romance. You need something deeper than shared interests and mutual attraction. You need changed expectations, you need radical commitments, and most importantly, you need grace. Join us as we listen to four sessions on marriage from Paul Tripp and enjoy small group discussions on how to develop a marriage of unity, understanding, and love.
- Parenting with the End in Mind with Pastor Derek Whalen
What is the end-goal of parenting? Malachi tells us it’s to raise Godly children. So how does that happen? We will look at four indispensable keys that we must grasp if we want to raise dynamic children who follow Christ. Whether your children are 4 or 40, these truths will help you parent with the “end in mind”.