We believe God has placed our church in this community to share the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any genuine message of the Gospel must be motivated by a sincere love and devotion to others. Our desire is that through our words and our actions, our town will experience the love, grace, and mercy available to them through the Gospel of Jesus. The J29 project is inspired by the prophet’s words to the exiles in Babylon in Jeremiah 29:7:
“But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare. “
It is in the spirit of Jeremiah 29:7 that we offer you an opportunity to love our town in word and actions. We have established a special fund with the goal of encouraging your involvement in seeking the welfare of our town and surrounding area. This fund is an assigned portion of our local missions budget set aside for these efforts. Before volunteering hours in a local, registered 501(c)3 non-profit, you may apply for a grant to give to the organization you served in. If your application for a grant is approved, you will receive a grant to personally deliver to the organization after serving at least 10 volunteer hours.
J-29 Fund Criteria
- Applicant must be an Oxford Bible Fellowship member/regular attender who is actively serving* as a volunteer in the focus organization.
- Before the Oxford Bible Fellowship member serves, they must fully complete an online application that includes a description of the organization, how the member will be personally involved in volunteer work, and how the money will be used by the organization.
- The organization must be a local, registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is morally positive and spiritually neutral or Christian faith-based that seeks the flourishing of the Oxford Talawanda School District and our surrounding area.
- The organization must not be political in nature.
- The Oxford Bible Fellowship member must be willing to personally deliver the grant funds.
*“ACTIVELY SERVING” IS DEFINED AS THE MEMBER VOLUNTEERING AT LEAST 10 HOURS OF HIS OR HER TIME TO THIS ORGANIZATION DURING THIS CALENDAR YEAR. AN INDIVIDUAL MAY MAKE TWO APPLICATIONS PER FISCAL YEAR (JANUARY - DECEMBER).
GRANTS ARE GIVEN IN THE AMOUNT OF $250 PER APPROVED APPLICATION. APPLICATIONS ARE APPROVED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OXFORD BIBLE FELLOWSHIP LOCAL OUTREACH TEAM.